Thursday, October 4, 2012

Why Another Savings Blog?

When I thought about starting a blog that would focus on deals and savings, I wondered what could I do differently that isn’t already out there? I subscribe to many different savings blogs, but the thing I found time and again was that they weren’t really geared to where I live – in South Jersey. That’s okay sometimes because I want to hear about deals that are available nationwide. However, there are times when I really want more information on deals or events near me. I want specific information on the thrift shop down the street, deals going on at supermarkets in my area, contest and sweepstakes for stores in my county even. Here is where I strive to be different from other savings blogs out there. I have a somewhat more narrow focus.  While I’ll be happy if I share exciting deals that someone from anywhere could take advantage of, I specifically want to focus on deals and savings for people in Camden, Gloucester, and Burlington counties. Since we’re in such close proximity to Philadelphia, I imagine deals from this area would also be helpful, as would deals for the NJ shore.

Maybe if you live in South Jersey you have also wished for a site focusing on where you live. I know when I have done searches looking for “South Jersey savings,” bank Web sites have come up instead of Web sites and blogs actually focusing on saving money.
Another way I’d like my site to be different is that I want to learn about deals from you, too. If you live in South Jersey and know about a deal, please share it with us. Together we can reap incredible deals and save money on those things we need (and sometimes want J) the most.

For some people, saving money may be second nature. For others who have been hit by a tough economy or are out of work, saving money, cutting coupons, and going to thrift stores, may be a new way of life. I like to think of it, though, as more of an adventure. Let’s go on this adventure together and help each other stretch our dollars and live richly even if we don’t have tons of money. Contact me at southjerseysavingsadventures@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment